Aug 21, 2011

Boston

dIt is Boston history time, which we've really crammed into one day.  
We spent most of the day on a trolley bus.  It helped the aching knees.
The Old North Church was one of our first stops.  This is where Paul Revere watched for the lanterns, you know "one if by land, two if by sea."  So how many did he see?
Two exactly, well not these two.  This is Paul Revere's pew or room at the Old North Church.
Walking the grounds
Lunch was at the Union Oyster House where we met up with an old roommate of Marissa's with her husband.
We were also right next to John F. Kenndy's favorite booth.
Next was Faneuil Hall.  I loved the beauty of the building.
We then went to the State House.  We didn't pay the extra admission to go into it.  When I tried to take a picture of a picture outside the familiar head had to claim its place.
Another stop was the USS Constitution, Old Ironsides
It took a lot to drag these two to his side for a picture.
We got on an old destroyer before I figured out that this couldn't be from the time period we had been visiting for the past week, but Marissa was willing to deface the ship for a picture.
A theme is born.  The USS Constitution is a beautiful ship.  Ninety-five percent of it has been restored or redone, but it is a great looking ship.
We waited for a family with little kids to get their picture.  The girls were not to be outdone.
Our game at Fenway didn't exactly go as planned but we did see the ball field.
A little night vision.  I realized there was still so much to see, but after 10 days of walking and visiting we were a little tired.  I did go back the next day, thanks to Dale's patience, and visited the State House with the required money for admission.  
This is the picture I took the day before with Marissa's head.  Whitni and I took the Boston Massacre tour, well worth the admission.  It will help my lesson greatly.  Can you see what doesn't belong in the picture above?  It is outside and is a reflection.  The old and the new.  I thought it was cool.

8 comments:

Whitni said...

The tour was so much fun and interesting! And the sailor was hot.

The Ascanios said...

Boston=fun and hot
Family=fun
Sailor=HOT :)

Lindsea said...

Very fun and exciting!!!

Mom, what happened to you? You would never have let me get away with wearing shorts that short! :)

Grappy Dale said...

Fun trip...easier to say once I had the chance to sleep in my own bed.

grandmaarlene said...

You had a beautiful day in Boston. I'm jealous, after the rain we had when we were there.

jen said...

Cutie pie sailor!

Shannon said...

Boston is so pretty. It POURED the day we were there... I like your views much better. I still crave the lobster roll I ate for lunch when we visited. :)

sherry said...

I want you to plan me a trip. What a great mom you are educating your children both at home and in the class room. And Dale also. Can I go next time.