Aug 11, 2011

Williamsburg

The trip started with a familiar couple sitting down by us in the Atlanta airport.  Upon second glance I was so excited to recognize Lindsea and Travis.  What a great surprise.  They apparently had been planning it with Dale for months.  After that the day was all down hill with delays, sitting in an airplane on the tarmac for two hours, and getting to the condo at 1 in the morning.  
Our color for the day is green.  There should be a few pictures you can spot it in.  Two beautiful daughters giving me something fun to photograph.
Three gorgeous girls to have fun with.
Our first day - Williamsburg.
The governor's palace.  It is hot and humid, but at least on this day there was a nice breeze.
Their horses reminded me of someone I know.  I'll try to remember who.
500 weapons graced the walls of this palace.  I was hoping Dale was not getting any ideas.

In the ballroom of the palace the gentlemen were taught how to properly bow.
Our animated tour guide indulging the tourists with their weird requests.
Kodak moment.
Marissa was getting a little out of control so we put her in the corner where she promptly found some children's blocks.  She was excited and spent some time creating.
I enjoyed listening to the basket weaver. The process is interesting, but too involved for a simple project.
The palace is behind us in the background.
I'm glad they had these pillories handy for disrespectful daughters.
I should have been more grateful for their presence on the trip.
Marissa explaining why this day is all about her.
We were so excited to have Lindsea and Travis, but they did travel a little snug.
I'm finally here!!

4 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

I woulda thunk KC was your concern with all the edged weapons...grea trip so far.

grandmaarlene said...

I hope you all made it out of your shackles, okay. What a wonderful surprise, nothing like having family show up.

Kelli said...

That looks like so much fun, it makes me want to head out that direction someday too.

Shannon said...

Your family always looks like you are having the best time together!