Aug 10, 2011

Grand Canyon

In order to start blogging the current vacation I still need to finish the last one.
Mom, Dad and Sherry were nice enough to drive the couple hours it took to the south rim of the Grand Canyon.  It was very pleasant weather, great food, and wonderful scenery.
The Grand Canyon can give a mother nightmares.  I remember having many after visiting with our kids many years ago.  While buying souvenirs I saw a book that detailed all the deaths that have happened at the Grand Canyon.  One of the reasons that many die is the daring ways people try to get that perfect picture.  I then looked through my pictures and saw a couple that were lucky.
The gal that is lower is posing for what I assume is her boyfriend.  When I zoomed in I was amazed at how little the ledge she is standing on is.  Please do not try this while at the Grand Canyon.  Relieve your mothers of this stress!
Mom and Dad

One place I wanted to see is the hotel El Tovar.  I had read a series of books set in this hotel.  We ate lunch here and did a bit of shopping.  It's going to so interesting to read this series again with some reference of what they are talking about.
Thanks family for wonderful memories.  I really enjoyed this time with you.  I'm ready to do it again.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful pictures - although I agree, the one with the folks perched on the side of the cliff is alarming. I can imagine Paul out there all too easily, which actually gave me palpitations.

What a fun trip you had!

grandmaarlene said...

I'm willing to get together with your Dad and all you girls anytime. Also would love to do it with all my kids. How about Alaska again or some place else.

Kelli said...

I'm with Mom, let's do something else again soon! Now, I am excited to see the next vacation, hope you are having fun!