Aug 12, 2011

Jamestown


Today was Jamestown, but we hit a roadblock when we decided we needed a local experience in the ER.  We enjoyed the cushy chairs in the waiting room while Lindsea and Travis enjoyed the peace and quiet to themselves.  Luckily Lindsea got some pain relief and was sporting enough to spend a few minutes at Jamestown.
Whitni enjoying the hospital art.
Marissa, never to be outdone by anyone.
Did I say she was a trooper!!!  It was great to have them both with us.
I Spy - Pocahontas
Pocahontas
Whitni's feet have actually stood where Pocahontas once walked.
As I was taking a picture this face showed up.  I guess I was neglecting her, but I thought it turned out  pretty well.
I don't know who thought this would be a good idea.  Luckily, she doesn't have a clue what to really do.
Sadly, we had to say goodbye to the fun couple.  Thanks for joining us!!!
Day 2 of Jamestown.
Dale, inwardly, is showing his excitement.
A bandolier, a skunk and a willing helper.
Do you think they were born in the wrong century?
Enjoying the costume or the young man helping them?
The Susan Constant
Marissa has taught her dad all she learned about cannons.
We had a great time in the villages, the ships and watching many demonstrations.  It has left me with great resources for school and many memories. 


4 comments:

grandmaarlene said...

I'm sure enjoying your trip. Blogs are sure nice. You have some wild girls there. Think how boring it would be without them. Have fun.

Grappy Dale said...

Funny how Lindz and Rissa compete for the attention. Glad it has been a "family" vacation...well for those who have come.

Kelli said...

Keep the posts coming! Looks like fun!

Shannon said...

I can see we should have added this to the itinerary... I hope everyone is feeling better!