Feb 22, 2010

The New Little England



The day finally arrived.  The cute parents once again produced one cute little boy.  Rock wasn't so sure about everything at first, but he soon warmed up and enjoyed being a big brother.
We waited a bit in the waiting room.  Rock was the center of attention.  He grabbed his Great Grandma Jean's hand and had her sit on the little chair next to him.

He's a beautiful little boy.  7 lbs 14 oz and 19 inches long.  DeAndra and Aaron say he looks like Rock, but has already slept more than Rock did in the first month.
After his bath on the warming bed.
During the bath.  I guess I could have switched those.
Getting ready for bath.  Okay so they are all switched.  Come to the bottom and scroll up and they will be in order.

Not sure of the name, but possibly Ryker.  It was grandma approved.

Heaven is where babies are.  There is nothing so beautiful as seeing someone so newly come into the world.  I'm so grateful I have had this chance to help out with Rock and be there to hold such a soft, sweet-smelling bundle of goodness.

Dale couldn't sleep last night and decided it was because he needed to be in Oregon.  So he jumped in the pickup and surprised us this morning.  It's been great to have him here.  It feels right.
More pictures to come.
And yes I know I sound sappy, but my words just can't adequately express the feelings I have.

13 comments:

Lindsea said...

he is so cute! Thanks for the pictures and video mom :)

Whitni said...

He is adorable! I want to hold him too. I wish I could just drive there over night like dad did!! I'm happy you guys get to be there.

The Ascanios said...

I love the video!! They are both adorable!

jen said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie!

Beckie said...

Congratulations on the new baby!! He is very cute!! Nothing like holding a brand new baby :) Enjoy your week there :)

Beckie said...

By the way, is he sucking on the back of his two fingers in the picture where you are holding him?

Sara said...

he's a cutie!

grandmaarlene said...

What a cutie. Have fun with him and give him a hug from me.

Kelli said...

I am so excited that you are there and can enjoy both grandsons! I hope you have a fantastic week!

Shannon said...

Congratulations to all of you! He is adorable.

(And I appreciate those anxious Grandpas... my step-dad was in a boat off the coast of Oregon when I went into labor with Bronte, and he got a ride to shore, called in some favors to get back to his car and drove all night to be in Spokane to meet her. Grandpa-love is a powerful thing!)

Enjoy your celestial moments.

Kevin said...

Good man Dale! I figured you couldn't stay away!

Marianne & Clayton said...

Oh, he is beautiful. There is nothing better than a new baby. Congratulations on the new little man!

Shannon said...

Congratulations! He is adorable...and looks a lot like Rock! You are such a proud grandma, what lucky kids! I love that Dale decided a whim to come down too, what fun! We're excited to see more pictures! Give the newly expanded family a kiss for us! (And a big wet one from Macey to Rock! ;)