Aug 14, 2009

Why Go On A Cruise? Reason Number 2

THE FOOD!It was amazing. Food served to you practically anytime you want it. Buffets, fancy dinners, dessert extravaganzas, it was quite spoiling.It was great to congregate in a common area. Most of the time we had to steal chairs, make people mad, but mostly we had a good time visiting.I really enjoyed the visiting part. The only sibling missing was my brother, Steve. He and his wife were definitely missed.

The main dining room was my favorite. We got to order dishes (four courses) I couldn't pronounce or recognize the ingredients. Many entrees, appetizers, or salads/soups were familiar only because I'd seen them on the Food Network or Top Chef. It felt very fancy. One of the last nights the servers prepared a show to go with the great meal. We all wore the exquisite chef hats, and then enjoyed being entertained and fed.Through the week we mixed and matched our dinner companions. With 27 people there are a lot of combinations you can make.
Dad is always one to get into the spirit of the event. This was the Dance of the Napkins.On one of the last nights we enjoyed the dessert extravaganza. Desserts galore everywhere. Dale just took one small snapshot of the event. Alyssa got one of the main treasures - the chocolate dragon.Yummy!

Again, I say dad is always one to get into the spirit of the meal and have fun!! Reality hits home when after having a week of exquisite meals served to you, you have to get that tortilla and put the cheese on it yourself and toast it. Not quite the same.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I am enjoying your pictures and reasons for cruising! It is fun to see everyone's different pictures and perspective! Wish we could still sit and visit

grandmaarlene said...

I wish we could sit and visit too. That was my favorite thing to do. Your Dad is busy organizing the pictures he took.

sherry said...

Love the pictures. Since I gave up on my camera and thought I would rely on my great siblings and Dad.

Jenni said...

I have had a hard time making dinner since then. I need Raydel, or Fareed to bring my menu!!! (and water)

Lois Cook Berrett said...

What a great time we had. It was so fun getting to visit and know all of you better. It was awesome!!!! I need to take the time and get all of my pictures and thoughts together.

Shannon said...

Yummm! That dessert table kind of reminds me of Sunday dinners... :)