Jan 31, 2010

One Last Job for the Princess


For one short day life was as it had been for the past 3 years.  It felt comfortable.  I felt a presence in our house that made things right.   For one short day Whitni flew home to complete her year long reign as a princess.
I was glad Apple Blossom was about over.  I had spent all week after school either doing grades for report cards or printing, cutting, Cricuting, folding or tying ribbons for the programs.  Gratefully two of those nights Bonnie came to help.
It was fun during Christmas break watching these two princesses try their dresses on after a semester at college. They still fit and they looked beautiful during the selection.  Whitni gave a short thank you.
She was composed and beautiful.


Marci's mom, Krisy, designed the stage.  It was gorgeous.
Duty done, her crown handed over.  Well, she got to keep her crown, but she did get to crown her friend, Bronte.
Things are back to just Dale and me.  It will be fun this summer to have children back.  

8 comments:

The Ascanios said...

Whitni is pretty!

Whitni said...

Thanks Riss. And thank you mom for taking all those bobby pins out. I miss you already!

Grappy Dale said...

Must be the long winter that has your Ma waxing nostalgic. It was fun to have OC home tho. Maybe this summer we can get the garage cleaned up.

Marianne & Clayton said...

She is so pretty, and I love seeing posts about Apple Blossom. It totally takes me back!

Aaron said...

Congrats Whitni and Bronte!!

grandmaarlene said...

Whitni looks so beautiful all dressed up as a Princess. I'mglad she had the experience.

sherry said...

What a fun experience you will all remember all your life. I am glad it is down in writing and pictures.

Shannon said...

I didn't realize you were the one who made the programs - they are awesome! Having Whitni do the crowning made the evening even more special for Bronte. We love your daughter!