Jan 12, 2010

My Baby

Nineteen years ago on a Sunday morning a beautiful light red head baby was born.  She made an easy entrance into the world which totally pleased her mother. 

The red hair did not stay, but the easy disposition certainly did.  Her smile makes my day.

She and Marissa are over three years apart.  I had given all my baby stuff away.  That meant all new outfits.  What fun that was!
Sometimes bubbles were all we could afford.

She does know how to pose.  She's never lost that.


Definitely a cutie.

We had quite the horse/cowgirl stage.  Boots, hats, belts - she loved them all.


I loved getting their pictures taken.  She always takes a great picture.  Even with no teeth.


The next few picture are favorites.  I can't help but look at them and remember the feelings that were coursing through me and the subjects in them, namely Whitni (you too Marissa).  For being over three years apart I love how close these two girls are.


Dale and I loved watching our children play sports.  Whitni was no different.  This is another one of those pictures where tears come remembering how much fun it was to watch a team play in the state championship game, lose with class, and then excitedly tell the fans how excited they were to be number two.


When Whitni was 18 months old I took a job in Chelan covering for Bev Cady for a couple of months.  I had not left her or any of my kids for that long when they were that little.  Dale took over the care.  I saw a bond created between these two.  I'm glad it is still going strong.  (Okay the rest of you it doesn't mean you don't have a strong bond - work with me here)

I don't know where the time went where my little redhead became a beautiful brunette. 

Happy Birthday my princess.  I love you!

10 comments:

Whitni said...

Thank you mom! Thank you for everything. I love you and miss you!!

The Ascanios said...

Happy Birthday Intea! I love you!

Grappy Dale said...

Happy Birthday to our baby girl.

Grappy Dale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grandmaarlene said...

Have enjoyed your blogs on the kids birthdays. So fun seeing the pictures. Happy Birthday Whitni. It's fun being able to see you now and then.

Shannon said...

Whitni is gorgeous - inside and out. One of the qualities I appreciate most is that she is a very good friend. What lucky parents you are! Happy Birthday, Whitni!

Kelli said...

Maybe it's just being pregnant, but that made me all teary-eyed. Whitni is a beautiful girl! I love seeing all of the old little girl pictures, I remember that little girl really well! Happy Birthday Whit!

sherry said...

Got to love being a mom when you can blog about your kids. Love the post and love Whitni. Happy Birthday.

JesusJoseph said...

very nice photos

Thanks
Joseph
http://www.ezdrivingtest.com (Free driving written test questions for all 50 states - ***FREE***)

Lindsea said...

Love Whitter! I never realized how much Kassidy reminds me of little Whit.