Nov 15, 2009

Auction Time

Our night at the first Manson Elementary School auction was a lot of fun.  I knew going into it that I would be spending money and I did not disappoint. 

This basket was prepared  by the students in my fifth grade class.  The fleece blanket I sewed together.  The fleece blanket was the undoing of my sewing machine.  Thankfully, Bonnie was around to help me clean, oil and diagnose the defective part.  Fleece and my sewing machine must never meet again.

We enjoyed sharing a table with Doug and Jama and Megan and Travis.

I put my name on a lot of items in the silent auction.  I figured I could do a little Christmas shopping.  Sadly, only two items became mine.  I lost the one I really wanted at the last second.  I tried telling the superintendent who was counting down to stop, but he ignored me.

During the live auction Dale had agreed to take a flight for an hour.  They gave him the microphone and the standup began.
"I have as many takeoffs as I do landings."
"My license will be coming in the mail really soon."
"I can take two fat people or four skinny people.  You decide where you fit in."
The bidding was frantic and ended up at $450.  Dale agreed to do two more at that price. 


Doug then yells, "If the first group does not come back will the others get a refund?" 
Great confidence builder.

Fun night, expensive night.

9 comments:

The Ascanios said...

Haha I just laughed out loud at dad's jokes..really, they were funny. So when do Blaine and I get our vacation? ;)

Beckie said...

Hahaha...That's awesome! I laughed at your dad's jokes too!! How much did they end up raising? I remember when the M&O Levi failed and we held an auction. It was amazing how much support that community can give.

Aaron said...

Good job, Mom! I wish I were there so that I could borrow money to bid!

Grappy Dale said...

She done got lots of good info here. Just glad she documented my "scull cap" spot when she captured my best side.

Shannon said...

I was so sad that this corresponded with our trip; I saw several of the baskets on display at the school, and it looked like they really came together. What did you end up winning?

Lindsea said...

Dad was funny Mom :) Who is he taking?

Grappy Dale said...

Since Ma won't answer you Lindz, Phil Madden and two other folk that obviously don't know me. I ran into someone on the street outside Bear Foods tonight and they said they were sorry they didn't bid on it too. Contrary to your Ma's opinion, I'm not all that well known.

grandmaarlene said...

Sounds like you had a good time, and raised some money at the same time. I guess you spent some money too.

Jillian said...

Oh, fun! Man I miss all of you guys!