Dec 11, 2009

Thanksgiving, 2009, Utah

Dale and I realized that Thanksgiving would be very quiet at home. We decided to go where the most kids were so we flew to Utah to have Thanksgiving with KC, Nick, Marissa, Whitni and most of my family.

The morning of the big meal found us busily helping Sherry get the tables beautiful, far more different than the paper plates that are our usual method.





Dale was put in charge of the mashed potatoes, mainly based on his claim to be able to bake them whole and have the skins magically fall off. According to something he saw on TV boiling them whole, then placing them in a bath of ice water, the skins should easily slide off.
It didn't quite work, but the potatoes got done. They got mashed. They got seasoned with all sorts of yummy stuff, and when that wasn't quite right Nick seasoned them again. Larry and Dale were put on turkey duty.

One happy turkey carcass.

A bunch of wonderful people ready to enjoy a delicious dinner.
Just so you know, Dad, Larry and Steve, I didn't take this picture. I wish I had, but all the credit goes to Rob.
Don't they just say it all. Thanksgiving is for food, fun, family, football and falling asleep.

7 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

HOw did I miss the final session? I coulda used a nap.

Whitni said...

love your pictures mom. im happy you two could come down for thanksgiving! love you

jen said...

How fun! Glad you got to spend it with so many people.
(BTW...where did Sherry get her plates?)

Shannon said...

It looks like a wonderful holiday; the tables were gorgeous! I always plan on making the table pretty and then give up in the midst of the kitchen rush. Your photos inspired me to do better next year!
And I LOVE the napping shot - classic!

sherry said...

I am coping your pictures if you don't mind for my blog book.

Jillian said...

Wow, that table looks beautiful. I hope you guys had a wonderful visit. What will you do for Christmas?

Kelli said...

Looks like lots of fun, wish the Fords and the Gordons could have joined in!