Jun 13, 2009

Reminiscing






While putting together the senior slide show for Whitni's graduation the picture I had the hardest time getting came from my own daughter. For years I have known which pictures I wanted to include. The problem came in finding the second one. I know in a few years I'll find where I put them so Whitni wouldn't sabotage me like Aaron did. (The saggy diaper with his snow boots would have been great!) The week before graduation I got desperate and started looking through the thousands of negatives we had. Dale and Lindsea added their assistance. It wasn't looking too good, but the second to last group Dale found the picture. By then I had a group of old photos that went with Whitni's picture to Costco. Here are some of the photos that I found fun remembering.
Marissa was a willing participant to my efforts to see what my camera was capable of. The pose was her idea.
Two big hams!
Remember the big storm of 1996? The first time church was canceled. Dale left to shovel off roofs. My kids enjoyed jumping off the garage onto the snow.
During Whitni's big horse and cowgirl stage.

Yellowstone, above during the fires of 1988. Here right above Nick with his own personal style of layering. Cute kids, cute memories.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Man! I remember those cute little kids! Those were fun to see!

sherry said...

Cutest girls. Took me awhile to figure out Nate was with Marissa. Good ol times.

Shannon said...

What a fun walk down memory lane - I love looking at old photos. It is a great reminder to cherish each day.

Rob said...

I demand to see the saggy diaper and boots picture.

Grammy Rae said...

Should I go through the thousands of negatives again?

grandmaarlene said...

Such cute kids. Now you know how I felt when Rob went through all our slides. Keep them coming, I should say to all of my kids.

Jenni said...

Love it Rae post some more.