Feb 21, 2009

Our Princess


It's amazing what you can endure. Childbirth was hard, kids being sick or injured is pretty hard, but watching your beautiful daughter participate in a contest with other beautiful girls is agonizing.

We bought the dress, purchased an interview outfit, listened to her speech over and over, and encouraged her through words and deeds. Not much is harder than wishing things will turn out so tears of sadness can be avoided.

I feel for those girls that went through that and the parents having to help pick up those pieces. All the girls looked beautiful and did the community and their families proud.

For us tears were not occurring at our house. Unless you count my tears as we watched Mamma Mia and I saw the mother and daughter singing "Slipping Through My Fingers". The tears were mainly thanks to Shannon Toolson who has helped remind me that my last is leaving and my fingers can't hold too much longer.


Whitni did a great job at the pageant. She looked beautiful. She walked pretty well and many did not even know she had a hurt knee. Those who did know were pretty amazed and hoped she wasn't going to injure herself more. Her speech was beautiful, well written and confidently given. She wants to be on Family Feud so she can be with family. You can go to GoLakeChelan.com to see more pictures and see the calling of our princess to the Manson Apple Blossom court.

8 comments:

sherry said...

I am just crying thinking of your baby and how beautiful she is. Are we really this old. To think you are going to be empty nesters....Oh my we do need that vacation together.

Aaron said...

Congrats Whitni!!!

Jenni said...

Whitni, you are beautiful!! Good job Rae you are a great mom!

Shannon said...

Sorry about any tears I caused; I am a marshmallow. :)

Congratulations, Whitni - you looked so beautiful, and your speech was amazing. I especially loved the part where you talked about bringing it full circle by returning to support the community that has supported you. I know I am sappy (see above haha), but you really are a princess, Whitni; not just for Apple Blossom, but forever. You exemplify goodness. I am so happy for you!

Kelli said...

Congratulations to Whitni!!! What a beautiful girl! Why can't we all live closer so we can see these fun things!

Lois Cook Berrett said...

Way to go. What a beauty young lady you are!

grandmaarlene said...

We knew you could do it Whitni. Thanks for the phone call. You are one beautiful gal.

Anonymous said...

What RA forgot to mention is how the dress was purchased a size too big for our petite princess. RA and Krisy tore off the shoulders and she put it back together to fit. RA then tore apart the body of the dress and put it back together adjusted for a perfect fit. All this without missing a beat making the programs for the pageant, work and taking care of the rest of the family…I’m lucky to have such a talented gal. Blogless