Dec 23, 2008

Christmas Vacation 2008, Page 3

December 22, 2008 This morning again started with sweet sounds of Rock. For an hour Aaron and I tried to get him happy. I took him into my bedroom and turned on the light. That was the switch for him. I guess in the dark (trying to be nice to KC asleep on the couch) he thought he had to go back to sleep. Once in the lighted bedroom this sweet angel couldn't have been more cute. Of course Grandma shared all his unwrapped Christmas presents with him.



One of my favorite things when I visit my mom and dad are the breakfasts my dad creates. I talked him into fixing breakfast for 12 people, a few more than the two he 's used to cooking for. He put on quite the feast with potatoes, eggs, bacon and toast. It was a good way to start our big hike to Nojoqui Falls.





We anxiously walked the 10 minutes they say it would take. I kind of wondered on the way up how much water would be falling in December. The stream heading from the falls barely had any water. When we got to the falls it looked like this:




We took the opportunity to get a group picture before heading down, which was a lot shorter.





Dale, Mom, Dad and I went to Santa Maria to get some final Christmas shopping finished. We weren't quite sure where the stores we wanted to go to were so I would put it into the GPS and it would say 55 miles away. We found the Walmart, but the GPS still said it was 50 miles to the south. Dale was trying to find a charger for my camera. I left mine at home but wanted something so I could take pictures in Mexico.


Walmart sent us to Best Buy down the street. Dale got into the car after striking out there and said they sent him to a camera shop down the road. Once we got there Dale was set to go into the store and couldn't find my camera.


We searched the pickup, purses, and pockets. No luck. No use going into the store, so we headed for the Costco we saw, the GPS people said Costco was 147 miles away. We bought another camera, Dale felt bad because he couldn't remember where he put the camera. ( I was secretly glad it was finally his fault and not mine)


Dad was sure we would find it so we decided to head to Best Buy just in case. As I got into the pickup on my seat was the camera. I had been sitting on it. So yes, once again, it is my fault.

Our evening went a little different than planned, but we are always certainly flexible. DeAndra's brother was supposed to fly home today from his mission. Because of all the flight problems his plane was not going to fly until after Christmas. Her dad called Aaron and they went to Los Angeles to pick him up. We got the honor of watching Rock for the evening. He was a great entertainer. Rock enjoyed the nightly reading of Sherry's book with the gift that goes with it while eating grandma's slipper.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Maybe I need to try that fun little trick with my camera...I have been wanting a new one :) I am glad you are all having so much fun!!

sherry said...

Oh I wish I was with you. So much fun and fun shopping too. Mom did you get your electric blanket? Love to all..