Dec 21, 2008

Christmas Vacation 2008, Page 2

From yesterday- We tried on hats - semi Rob style. The girls were sports, Rock not so much.



12/21/08 I woke to a crying Rock. It's a good reminder to me that I have a cute boy here. DeAndra said that she was in the bathroom with him and the light went out. Rock didn't like that. With all the blinking clocks in the condo we deduced that the power went out. When dad came out of the bathroom and asked if there was any hot water we found it had disappeared. I immediately thought of a vacation Sherry had had. They blamed all the mishaps on her husband, Larry. Maybe we should start looking for him here. All got fixed. All are happy - at least I think they are. Dad brought out his mistletoe hat from Sherry. He explained the story behind it and mentioned it came with HOPE. Dad said that it probably was hope because with mistletoe people hope for a kiss. Mom complied with a smooch.
Church was our priority this morning. The only bench left was right in front. Haven't sat there in a long while. DeAndra has been teaching Rock how to wave. He was very excited that a lady up front waved to him. He excitedly waved back at her. He was amazed she kept waving at least the length of a hymn. Rock and I went in the foyer when it appeared he wanted to go back to sleep. As I sat I heard a young man singing a solo. I stood up with Rock and we stood where we could see and listened to this beautiful song. Rock layed his cheek on mine and sleep soon overcame him. I don't think life gets much better.

Rock has a tooth on top with a big sharp point. It has seemed at times to pain him. I don't like to see the big guy cry so I did the only thing a grandma could do. I grabbed something frozen. It was a chocolate covered mint oreo. Grandma did good!






1 comment:

sherry said...

I haven't seen Larry in a couple of days. Keep looking....