May 30, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything

I have a bit of catching up to do.  Manson Apple Blossom brought the good and the bad.  The best news was having all my kids home for the weekend.  And since Travis was there the week before I felt like we were complete.  The picture above shows all the racers in the pig jig.  It was wet and rainy so they were true sports.


Babies seemed to be the theme as we were watching the parade.  Doesn't this look so natural.
Some great moms in training.
The great news is the purchase of this helicopter.  Dale's baby.  He took Nick up yesterday, flew to Stehekin Bakery, then flew home.  Dale is in heaven.
This weekend the girls, my friend Bonnie and I went to the annual concert.  This year we graduated from the current Idol concert to a past Idol contestant, Carrie Underwood.  Of course I tried to spend as much time as possible with my boys.  Ryker is much more expressive and fun to talk to, because now he talks back.
Rock and I got some baseball practice in.  I know why I wasn't a pitcher in school.  I seem to flinch every time he swings the bat.
Marissa and Whitni were part of a radio promotion trying to see Craig Morgan who was singing before the big act.
The Sons of Sylvia and Craig Morgan came before Carrie Underwood.  They were okay, but she was amazing.  It was quite the production.
One of my favorite parts was above.  She sang in the back of the pickup suspended from the ceiling as it moved along a track around the arena.  Gutsy.
She had many wardrobe changes.  The above change was part of a video display.  It was pretty cool.
After a ride in the shuttle with a crazy drunk woman yelling at everybody in the van for being selfish jerks who pushed her husband aside we enjoyed eating dinner (way late) at Denny's with what most likely were high school graduates who seemed to only have one volume as they spoke to each other.  It was not of the reverent variety.  Our trip ended with stealing Rock to bring home, then even better his parents and Ryker followed.  A great weekend.

Oh yeah.  Happy Birthday to Aaron.  Sorry my dear boy.  I'm so glad you were patient with me.  When I find the pictures of us singing to you I will post it.

6 comments:

Grammy Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grappy Dale said...

Was a wonderful catchup on some fun times. Don't remember any mention of everyone getting sick. Or mention of her being half owner in the chopper. What a wonderful gal.

sherry said...

Lots of fun! Your kids will want to stay there instead of coming back to school.

grandmaarlene said...

I'm glad you had a good time at the concert. Sure hope both girls are doing better now.

Shannon said...

You guys have way too much fun! (Aside from being sick and having a drunk person yell at you...)
Your photos of the concert are amazing! I still can't get used to the fact that they let people take pics in concerts; that was a huge no-no back in my concert going days.

Kelli said...

Looks like tons of fun... makes me want to go see Carrie Underwood.