Jul 12, 2009

Okay, I admit it. I enjoy American Idol. I have since I heard the melodic sounds of Ruben singing How Do You Mend a Broken Heart. Since then I have watched and enjoyed every season. The past two years the girls and I have enjoyed watching them live at the Tacoma Dome. Last year we enjoyed David Archuleta (my favorite) and David Cook (the girls' favorite).





Last year we heard a lot of screaming ten year olds. This year the demographics were a whole lot different. Ages were definitely much older. Next to me were two Latina ladies. They were there to see their Adam (also my favorite). They had to be in their thirties. One of them said she dreams about him every night. She said she was married with kids but didn't care she had to see her Adam. On the other side of DeAndra was a lady in her late sixties rocking out with every song. Below us were two men who would be the only ones standing up during a song enjoying the beat with some body swaying. It was a very diverse group.





Marissa and Kellie made up t-shirts with their favorite three men, Adam, Kris and Danny. DeAndra and I were there for the fun, at least I hope. The concert was pretty good. Everyone, except Megan Joy (horrible) did better than they did during the show. On the show Adam lost to Kris. At the concert it was very apparent who we all were there to see. (Marissa's heart went out to Kris because of it, isn't she so supportive?). As each idol in turn from ten was announced polite applause could be heard. Here is what happened as they were announcing Adam:




He was energetic and fun. It took some time to get my hearing back after the concert and I felt like I was talking like Minnie Mouse. Marissa and Kellie stayed and met all the idols except Kris, Danny and Anoop. They were in heaven as Adam signed their shirts. Any more from that you will have to ask Marissa. She is more than willing to share.



The next day was a family day (sadly without Lindsea, KC and Whitni - our thoughts were with them) with the Mariners. Nick and Rock bonded with matching outfits and were not afraid to get them dirty.

Sadly, the Mariners lost it in the ninth inning but we enjoyed the atmosphere and watching Rock's antics with all those lucky enough to be around him.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun!! im so sad i misssed it but im happy you enjoyed it. :D
-whitni

Nick said...

I just wanna clear my name and say that I did NOT get my jersey dirty.

grandmaarlene said...

Sounds like all had a fun time, at least at the concert. Too bad about those Marineers

sherry said...

Looks like you had fun. I am sure that Nick secretly went to American Idol.....He so loves that kind of stuff.

Shannon said...

HOW FUN! I love that you go as a mother/ daughter thing. Bronte and I went to see Josh Groban a couple of years ago (he is even more amazing in person than on cd!) and being together made the experience, and the memories, 100 times better.

And I LOVE Rock's little Mariners shirt - what a fun family outing!