May 30, 2009

Ode to Aaron

Twenty-eight years ago a beautiful baby boy was born.He was well cared for by many who loved him. He lived up to everyone's expectations and has always enjoyed entertaining. I always remembered how excited I was to have my family come to his blessing, even Grandma Carter. It was great to have my mom's help and reassurance that I was doing things right.One day Aaron's grandpa Leo decided to play a practical joke on this new mother. Dale and I carried Aaron out in his carseat and headed home. Halfway home I realized my baby in his car sear was nothing but blankets. After briefly freaking out we headed back to a smiling grandpa holding his grandson.
Grandma Helen was good at telling the truth. Aaron was brilliant, smarter than others his age and could do things no other child could do. Of course, she was right. Aaron was something very special.He had many wonderful playmates through the years, most of them cousins.


I love you Aaron.

8 comments:

jen said...

Did Aaron write that?

Sara said...

I was just thinking the same thing as I read that.

Grammy Rae said...

It was all his mother. We must be on the same wavelength.

grandmaarlene said...

Were we ever that young. I love the picture of the family. I remember I was at work, my last day, when you called and said I was a grandma. I love being a grandma and to think there are now 30 grandkids, and 3 great-grandkids. I feel so blessed.

sherry said...

Great tribute to Aaron. We love you Aaron!!

sherry said...

Great tribute to Aaron. We love you Aaron!!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to Aaron. Your family has had a lot to celebrate lately!

Nick said...

Jeffrey had hair?