Nov 15, 2008

Feelings

Since Monday I have been experiencing many different feelings and emotions. Mostly, I've been feeling angry. I know who I want to direct this anger at but then I feel guilty for having these feelings and shove them away. Praying at those times helps. I'm not sure I could handle things without that spirit around. I was praying before that things would work out for Dale. It didn't quite turn out the way my praying was intended, but I will hang in there since I can't see the bigger picture and need to be patient.

Sherry mentioned the blog as a journal, life history, etc... I'm feeling the same. I'm expressing my feelings to get them out there. As I type this and tears are falling it feels cathartic.

Life has changed for us without any choosing on our part. I hate feeling helpless, not knowing what to do to help the situation. I hate not knowing what to say to help.

On the other hand I've been feeling grateful. I'm grateful to those people who have called and expressed their support and love to Dale and me. It helps to know that people care and believe in him as much as I do.

I felt bad not including a picture with this posting so I looked in my computer to see what I could find. I decided the video is what everyone may need after reading my depressing post. This is Megan's little guy, Colby. He is two months younger than Rock, who in two weeks will revitalize me with his wonderful laugh.

12 comments:

DeAndra said...

Et tu, Blog?

Rock

Jenni said...

I'm not sure what is going on, but just know we are always behind you 100%. We love you and you are in our prayers also.

DeAndra said...

It seems hard now, but it will all be better when the sheriff gets to pay off the house and work as your cabana boy.

Love you Mom!

Tonya C. said...

I wish the Christensen Clan talked so we could know what is going on and how to help you. I can only push the oldest son so hard...

sherry said...

Hang in there. We are praying for you, but you are right, is there anything better than a babies laugh?

Lindsea said...

I'm glad that you have a blog now mom. It is reassuring for us to be able to read what you are feeling as well as to hear it. We love you and are grateful for the strength you show us, especially when things are difficult. And you should send me the video of Colby. That was a really funny morning. Can't wait to see you this week! :)

Lindsea said...

and mom, you really should change the family picture to one where i don't look like such an idiot. :) please and thank you. haha

Nick said...

Sorry Lindz, but I wouldn't be too sure such picture exists... Oh snap!!!

The Ascanios said...

haha..mom aren't you excited to have us home?!

Lindsea said...

funny funny nick! when do you get home?

Nick said...

tuesday the 25th is when i arrive back to the england homestead.

DeAndra said...

HAHA!! It's funny because he's saying that you look like an idiot in EVERY picture! Get it?