Jun 10, 2012

The Next Steps

So much has happened in the past months.  As I sit in a hospital doing nothing and school is out I will now try to recreate all the great happenings in the last few exciting months. 
Yes I know you all probably are aware that Dale came to an agreement with the county and all accusations against him were dropped.  It's wonderful having that all finished and in its place is this "beautiful" flying helicopter.
Many of us have taken turns being his copilot.  Rock usually wins out and navigates every flight.
Aaron and DeAndra had beautiful Jensley the day before Dale's birthday.  This was one of my favorite pictures.  I know Aaron used it but I love the sweetness with Ryker, the contrast between brand new baby feet and two year old wonder.
Her dark hair was a pleasant surprise.  He peacefulness was just what DeAndra ordered and deserved.
Next it was Marissa's graduation from nursing school.  Here she is trying to convince us she learned and is smart.
It's wonderful to see the support of family.  It's always fun to have these great people at anything I attend.
During the graduation all nurses read the creed or promise or something like that.  It was pretty special to see both Marissa and Mom read this together.
Another special person who showed her support.  What would I do without her help and love?
One of the greatest moments was spending time with KC.  He is going back to school in computer stuff.  I wish I could say more but I know he can look at the computer and spout words that mean nothing to me but will help the computer do what I want it to do.
There is the diploma.  She is a graduate.  She took her NCLEX (some nursing boards that say you are now an official nurse)  and passed.  She can now look for a job after she is done sacrificing her time babysitting in Hawaii.
It is always fun to spend time with Sherry and sew some new creation.  This was our project.  They are practical and have a sort of whimsy to them.
Still with me?
The girls gave Lindsea a baby shower that was fun.  They always do things in a big way that make me smile.  Having rubber duckies in the drink was fun.  Too bad the drink didn't taste good and just became a swimming pool for the colorful birds.
Hudson is going to be one well dressed baby between family, Gloria and DeAndra and the sweet friends at the shower.  He is also the reason I sit in the hospital.  For a run down of this drama hit Volle's Volleys on the right of my blog to read the exciting tale.  I am so grateful he at least waited until school was out so I could help and be around.   All is going well as of now.


Nick has a new job at Boeing and is learning the craft of looking busy while being bored.  Hopefully he can get his training soon and actually be working.  He is loving the independence and has his own apartment with furniture he purchased himself.  Can't wait to see his bachelor pad.

Whitni is working this summer waitressing, running around with little boys and doing all the last minute stuff people need finished.  
This shows to me the beauty of being a grandma.  This sweet munchkin is caressing my face.  He does this especially when he is tired or in a new situation.  I love the fun of being with each one of them.  This summer is the summer of the grandkids!  

9 comments:

The Ascanios said...

I love love love the blog! I'm excited for a summer of nephews and a baby niece!

grandmaarlene said...

Have a very enjoyable vacation from school. And of course enjoy all those special grandkids.

Grappy Dale said...

You will probably get a call from Reader's Digest, they need some new writers. You did great. Miss you xoxo

Carrie said...

You are one busy family! Beautiful kids and even more beautiful grandkids. You are one lucky lady. Keeping you all in our prayers.

sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sherry said...

Great time in life for you! Love you and good luck with all the rest of the events coming up!

Kelli said...

I love seeing what is going on with your family, and so much exciting stuff! Thanks for sharing! I wish I could see you this summer, but I am glad you get to be there with your grandbabies, born and unborn.:)

Whitni said...

Finally! I am excited that you are done with school and I get to see you during the day and we get to work on sewing projects :)

Shannon said...

So many happy events, and good news that all is stable with little Hudson. Prayers for all of your kids/grandkids and the things they are accomplishing!

p.s. -love the super cute aprons!