Dec 25, 2010

Christmas Joy

Christmas has pretty much come and gone.  We enjoyed a leisurely morning opening presents.  It was missing the fun noise of Rock  from last year, but we had fun.
Santa wanted to make sure Marissa got in some difficult nursing skills.
The girls asked for posters of their favorite hot men.  Here is my contribution to their wall.
It's been great having the college kids and KC home.  We've enjoyed their help and spirit.  We did miss Aaron and his family, and we also missed Lindsea and Travis.  In three weeks we will get to be together for one fabulous event.  Can't wait!
Christmas night Doug brought prime rib over.  We provided potatoes, salad and rolls.  Desserts were plentiful and rooms were filled.

We made time in the dinner to sing to Nicholas.  His request was his favorite beverage (Travis' also) in a lemon cake.  It was moist and delicious.  
This book was well enjoyed.  It is The Night Before Christmas.  My favorite part is that the voice that I kept hearing as many opened it was my dad's.  Many times I have listened in person to my dad reading that story.  I love that I now can hear his voice with all the many great inflections over and over.  Thanks to all who had a part in this!!
Merry Christmas

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks like a great Christmas. Dad read to us last night and it was awesome, the kids love it. Merry Christmas!

Grappy Dale said...

Thanks for a great Christmas

Whitni said...

I love the book! and everything else about today. Thanks for everything!!!

Aaron said...

We missed you guys, but we are excited for next week!

sherry said...

Merry Christmas. Looks like you guys did well. Love you and see you in a couple of weeks.

Nick said...

Santa was awesome this year!!

Lindsea said...

Oooh how did you make the cake? Our Christmas is this next Wednesday so I might just make that. Looks like a lot of fun for you all :) We miss you and are excited for the middle of next month!

Jenni said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Sure would love to have my house full of family on Christmas!

Shannon said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration; Merry Christmas! :)

grandmaarlene said...

Glad you had such a wonderful day. I hope Marissa can operate without making that buzzer sound. Kelli's kids were getting pretty good at it.