Sep 14, 2009

Well of course he is nice!

I received a phone call waking me up from an almost nap. Charlene Shively had called to ask about a relative of mine. She receives the Chelan paper (I think, remember I was almost asleep) and happened upon a "Jeff" England. She wondered whose son he was. She also went on to say that she had visited with a friend who had met Jeffrey. Her friend remarked at how nice Jeffrey was. Charlene told me, "Well of course he is nice. He is an England. You wouldn't expect anything else from relatives coming from Helen and Leo."
Jeffrey England, DPT, of Manson returns home as new hospital physical therapistSep 1, 2009


I have been thinking a lot lately on people who change your life for good. Helen and Leo definitely have done that for me. Here's a short tribute to two great people who I believe exemplified being nice.












12 comments:

Beckie said...

Thanks for posting these pictures Rae Anne. I want to go through all my pictures now to see if I have those of Grandma and Grandpa. They were definitely "nice" and well loved.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. If I had a blog you would be in one of these. DE

Marianne & Clayton said...

Two of the most wonderful people I have ever known. I loved seeing these pictures!

Anonymous said...

I think the greatest compliment anyone could ever get would be to be compared to Mom and Dad. Janet

Shannon said...

I wish that we had moved here in time to have met them. What a wonderful tribute. It reminds me of the conference talk from awhile ago (sadly, I don't remember who gave it) about the value of "a good name".

Kelli said...

I remember spending time at their house when we would come and visit. They were always so kind, I loved being there.

sherry said...

What great memories. I think Leo reminds me of Dad. Englands Rock

grandmaarlene said...

Wonderful tribute to two great people.

Tonya C. said...

What a beautiful tribute, RaeAnne. And I knew nice Englands (Colemans)long before I met you...

Lindsea said...

I still can't see pictures of them without getting misty eyed.

DPYN :)

Myron Christensen said...

What a great tribute to your inlaws. They were truly great examples of family leadership, and truly inspired us also.

janae said...

I'm WAY too emotional to be seeing pictures like this right now!

I especially love the picture of Grandpa and KC checking on the milkshake, because I was just telling stories about those milkshakes to friends the other day.

I miss them. . .