Mar 23, 2009

People Who Keep Giving


Every year when it gets time for my annual field trip to Seattle with the fifth graders Dale offers his services. After six years I finally had to take him up on his offer. What a pleasure it was to have him around helping out by taking a group of four boys - probably not the easiest group. He was great with the boys and as you can tell the butterflies took to him also. They kept landing on him like crazy.


When we returned home from the field trip we were met by mom and dad. After getting help the hutch was put together. I don't think anything could look finer in our entry. It is absolutely gorgeous. I like to think that all those hours he worked on this beautiful hutch he thought of me. Now every time I look at the hutch I can remember the hours of love he game to me.
Down below is another cupboard that my dad made. Sherry and I had a lot of fun and fights over this cupboard. It needs some tlc, but I bet the next generation could enjoy the love from the hands of their great grandpa.

My sister, Sherry, also is a giver. She sends me holiday treasures that she finds. These are two gorgeous bunnies who found a home as security for the hutch.

Now I am trying to decorate. This is not my forte. I steal ideas from others. Any ideas I can steal from you?

8 comments:

Lindsea said...

That is so gorgeous!! Can't wait to see it at apple blossom!

Beckie said...

That is so beautiful!! Is he taking names for whose he is making next :)

Aaron said...

you know what would look really nice where the plates are? An autographed Wally Joyner bat and some autographed balls. You're welcome for the help.

sherry said...

Oh you have it decorated and everything..You are so good but I think Dad is the real winner this time.

Shannon said...

I didn't realize your dad made that for you! I noticed it (and the adorable bunnies) when we were over on Sunday, but didn't know the history behind it. He is very talented! And you are very lucky (and obviously loved!)

Shannon said...

p.s. - Dale better be careful; people are going to start thinking he is sweet! :)

Kelli said...

It looks beautiful! When can I drop by and see it in person?

Lois Cook Berrett said...

What a beautiful hutch! What a wonderful gift from you dad. He is pretty special and I know of the great love that he holds for his family. That really is a wonderful labor of love. You are very blessed.