Jul 7, 2011

Vacation -3

One of our days in Sedona was to Chapel of the Holy Cross.  It is very interestingly perched in the rocks.
Just after we walked up the hill, finally making it to the top and the marvelous view, my batteries ran out.  I was pretty disappointed and trying to plan my plea to my sisters and parents on why we needed to come back.  
To my delight and my family's great relief the church had a gift shop in the basement which sold batteries.  So now a bevy of beautiful photos.
In the gift shop we found postcards with this rock formation. I believe it was called "Madonna and Child". I was thrilled to see it right off to the left of the church.
View from the top side.
Troopers!
Beautiful country with gorgeous women.  After the church, shopping was on the schedule.  But first, lunch at a very "close" restaurant.  
It's great finding out all a camera can do, like timed pictures.  I just need to figure out how to place it a little better.
More to come, yea I know you can't wait.

5 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

Great trip...in DECEMBERRRRRRRR. Glad you had fun.

Lindsea said...

I like the pictures! Makes me want to go to Arizona!

Jenni said...

Thanks for coming!! Come again...in December! Love ya!

Kelli said...

Oh, lets go back! That was so much fun! Thanks RaeAnne!

grandmaarlene said...

A wonderful time with four beautiful and wonderful daughters.